LFPS - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time Warp

Go down

Time Warp Empty Time Warp

Post by Sujith Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 am

One of the most amazing shows that you should watch. Showcase of everyday actions being done in SLOW-MOTION. With a set of HIGH-SPEED CAMERAS they record everything from Gun Shots to Dancing.

Time Warp Timewarp01
Time Warp Timewarp02

More Info:

What really happens when a person gets punched in the face or you get hit by a water balloon or when a piece of raw chicken is blown up?These ordinary events (except maybe the exploding chicken) reveal some extraordinary hidden attributes on one of Discovery Channel’s newest shows, Time Warp, where an amazing, unseen world comes to light through high-speed digital photography.

Host Jeff Lieberman, an MIT teacher and scientist, will use the super slow-motion cameras to compare what we see and what really happens underneath the human eye’s ability to process the visual world.

The show’s style comes across informal yet informative – the cameras capture the set-up of the event as well as other parts of the Time Warp lab. Jeff has the ability to bring the technical into the realm of the every-day, clearly explaining different aspects of the project the team is working on. They love their tech but also love exploring what’s really going on and only visible when warping time.

Based on what I’ve seen and what I’ve read, this is one I think all will like. If you watch the show, come back here and let us know your thoughts.
Sujith
Sujith
LSF Expert
LSF Expert

http://osalfps.org

Back to top Go down